I love my blogging friends, C and V, at Stickhorse Cowgirls, and it’s not just because they are some of the few blogging friends I have whom I have actually met!
A few days ago, V did this post that just listed five questions. She answered them first, and then she asked her readers to give their answers.
I was actually surprised at how interesting it was to read the answers to those five questions by her commenters who were, of course, complete strangers to me.
So, I thought I’d try that here. Now, I do have to say that I never get alot of comments on this blog. I’ve always assumed that’s because there is something about my way of expressing myself that doesn’t encourage response!
But this time, I would really like for lots of you to answer my questions because I think it might be fun for all of us. Or not. Let’s see. Here are the five questions I have chosen to ask, and my answers:
1. Are you a homebody or someone who is always looking forward to your next trip?
I am a homebody. I enjoy traveling occasionally, but I’m always delighted to return home.
2. If you had to be in a talent show, whether you wanted to or not, what would be your act?
I might read some poetry! When I competed in speech tourneys in high school in the poetry reading category, I came to realize that there are lots of interesting, sometimes funny poems that I enjoy!
3. They say that of all the senses, smell has the longest memory. What a favorite smell you remember from your childhood?
My mother’s yeast rolls. They were heavenly, to taste as well as to smell!
4. If you were alone in your house (no family members or pets to worry about) and there was a fire, what would you grab as you ran out of the house?
My “brain”, i.e. my purse! It contains all my credit cards, my checkbook, my wallet, my address book, my camera and even an umbrella!
5. Do you have a favorite quote or saying that comes to mind frequently because it seems to frequently fit the situation?
Actually, my husband is the one who first became a fan of this saying, but I find it comes to mind often for me too, because it fits soooo many situations:
“Nothing is impossible if you don’t have to do it yourself.”
Okay. Now let me hear your answers!