1. My uncle more than once: Uncle Jim would run down the steps with little-girl me on his shoulders, with me squealing and giggling! I loved it! It was while he was living with us, and Mama would send me up to wake him from his after-work nap and tell him that dinner was ready.
2. Never in my life have I: Eaten sushi.
3. The one person who can drive me nuts: is me.
4. College is: Absolutely worth it. I’m sorry I didn’t go, but I’m so glad both of our children did.
5. When I’m nervous: I don’t make good decisions, and talk too much.
6. The last time I cried was: This morning when I heard that my favorite TV commentator, Tony Snow, had died.
7. If I were to get married right now: I would marry the same guy who first “caught my eye” when I was fifteen. What are the odds!
8. My hair: Is definitely red (now). At golf last week a new friend said something like, “Here comes my favorite redhead.” and I looked around to see who she was talking about. I forget I’m a “redhead.” (Sometimes more red than others, depending on how long it’s been since a L’Oreal session!)
9. When I was 5: I almost drowned, thus learning an important lesson — Adult pools are NOT shallow around the edge, like Kiddie Pools.
10. Last Christmas: I really enjoyed viewing the Christmas House Tour on Boomama’s blog. (Although there were hundreds, so I didn’t get to see nearly all of them.)
11. When I turn my head left, I see: The cluttered top of my file cabinet — box of tissues, Kiwanis Club mug with pens in it, a hole punch and a stack of books — a dictionary, And I Quote, Roget’s Thesaurus, Daily Study Bible for Women, What’s In The Bible for Mothers, Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti and a copy of “Writer’s Journal Magazine,” and about a half-dozen “important” pieces of paper scattered around.
12. When I turn my head right: I can look through the railing at the TV down in the living room. Very convenient for blogging while watching a show that is alot of talk — so that you don’t have to be watching all the time to understand what is going on.
13. When I look down I see: My many-buttoned keyboard. That, by the way, I occasionally turn upside down and gently smack on the desk. Amazing how much dust and dirt you can get out that way! (Thanks to my co-worker at the Jail, Marie, for giving me that little tip.)
14. The craziest recent event I witnessed was: As I was shopping at the near-by super store, I noticed store employees in their matching red shirts slowly congregating in the produce section. It soon became evident that a visiting higher-up was going to give them a brief pep talk, but when I first noticed it, somehow the slow gathering of the “red shirts” reminded me of the movie “The Birds” and it was a little spooky!
15. If I was a character on Scrubs I’d be: Really surprised because if I were them I would either be hiring a “hot young chick” for that role, or I’d want someone with excellent acting credentials — neither one of those is me! (I’ve never watched either show, but I think I would “fit in” better with the crazy guy on House.)
16. By this time next year: I’m hoping I’ll be an “old pro” at Photoshop Elements!
17. My favorite Aunt is: Was — they’re all gone. I guess it was my Aunt Bertha, Mama’s youngest sister. She had a daughter just a couple years younger than me, so I have great memories of spending time at their house in Kansas City when we would visit there.
18. I have a hard time understanding: Bridge. My parents LOVED that game, and I’ve tried several times to learn it. But, I guess I just didn’t get the “bridge gene.”
19. One time at a family gathering: I sent three year old Gunny to a bathroom that was a door in the side of a building on the other side of a large field. As I watched helplessly from across the field, when he got about 10 feet from the door to the restroom he started pulling down his pants! No wonder he enjoyed Boy Scouts when he got a little older — at age three he was already living their motto, “Be prepared.”
20. You know I like you if: If I tease you. Friend, when I start being verrrry polite and kind to you, check with your Doctor. You must be terminal.
21. If I won an award, the first person I’d thank: It depends. If it were an award based solely on someone or some group of people liking me, I’d sincerely thank them. But if it was an award for something I had worked very hard for, and won because of some God-given talent, I would definitely first thank God!
22. Take my advice: Always have a Plan B. The people I have seen the most disappointed and/or bitter in life have been people who had tunnel vision about something and never allowed themselves to think about what they would do if a particular desired plan didn’t work out.
23. My ideal breakfast is: All-Bran Flakes with a banana, some raspberries, splenda and milk. Accompanied by a couple cups of coffee and the morning newspaper. With Fox News on TV. (If that “ideal” breakfast doesn’t just scream “old” I don’t know what does!)
24. If you visit my hometown: Walk the river greenway. Tour the Vera Bradley (quilted bags and accessories) plant. Attend the Three Rivers Festival. Drive a few miles out into the country and visit the Amish community.
25. Sometime soon I plan to visit: Tulsa, OK where Gunny and his family have just moved.
26. If you spend the night at my house: We’ll probably eat out, then play some games or maybe watch a movie, along with lots of talk — and then I’ll probably go to bed before YOU do! But the up side of that is that I’ll then be up wayyyy before you the next morning and have a nice breakfast ready when you finally come downstairs.
27. The world could do without: Evil, destructive, innocence-killng, God-less HATE!
28. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Total gross-out. I can’t even think of an answer because I can’t get that picture out of my head.
29. Most recent thing you’ve bought yourself? I bought stuff to make to sell at a garage sale I’m going to have with my friend Candy. Hubby finds that strange. I find it perfectly normal. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
30. Most recent thing someone else bought for you: A guest gave us a bottle of wine on the 4th.
31. My favorite blonde friend is: probably not really a blonde.
32. My favorite brunette /black hair friend is: definitely not a real brunette or black-headed. It’s my age group. If you’re not dying your hair — it’s probably gray or white!
33. The last time I was high: I’ve never been “high” like from drugs — my drug of choice is aspirin. And I don’t drink too often, but on the 4th I drank a couple of small glasses of wine. They didn’t take me to the level of “high” but they did leave me feeling “icky” the next day. I hate that feeling.
34. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are: Pigs. Just to see if all those things came true that people had said would happen, “when pigs fly!”
35. I should have been: a more interested student when I was in school.
36. Once, at a restaurant: I was served BOILING soup! When I put it in my mouth, I did the only thing I could — I spit it back into the bowl! Linda says we were asked not to return to that Asian restaurant, but I don’t remember it that way. I think they were closed by the Health Department for serving BOILING soup and burning out the tonsils of customers!
37. Last night: We went out to dinner with Linda and UD, and then came back to the “bowling alley” and bowled a few games. Later, I had a computer “guru” come to our house and coach me on the computer. Very informative. He’s going to put more RAM on my computer so that I can do more “stuff.” Sounds good to me!
38. A better name for myself would be: Sandra Ann. My real name is Sandra Kay, but Hubby has called me Sandra Ann for most of our married life, so I really ought to just change it to Sandra Ann, so that he will be right. (Just between you and me, he LOVES to be right.)
39. If I ever go back to school: Wayyyy too late now to bother with a degree. But I have enjoyed and am enjoying taking classes in writing, golf and photography.
40. My birthday: At this age, is a very pleasant, predictable, calm affair.
41. And by the way: Try this yourself. It’s been surprisingly fun! Have a great Saturday.